When you register with Moneywise, we ask for your name, email address and postal code. We usually also capture your IP address at the time you register. We will then send you an email acknowledging your new account to the address that you supplied us along with a password which can then be changed via your user profile. We may subsequently email you about our various products and services, or other products and services we feel may interest you. If you'd rather not receive these subsequent communications, you have the opportunity to adjust your preferences on your personal profile page.
Benefits of registration
By registering for moneywise.co.uk you will be able to participate within our discussion forums and share views with fellow members of our community and will gain access to special guides, content and tips only made available to our registered users.
- Complete your personal profile so we can shape our service to meet your interests.
- Request our weekly newsletter; this will bring you key details on the latest developments in the world of personal finance.
- Read the e-mail that you receive, sent by us to your designated e-mail address, which will enable you to set up a password and user name that is memorable and secure.
Please do not:
- Pick user names that are offensive, libelous or that infringe other’s trademarks. Those who abuse the privileges of registration will be barred from the site.
- When posting on our forums you will be expected to respect your fellow community members and should refrain from the use of offensive language, libelous or personal comments aimed at other community members. Those who infringe the privileges of community membership will be barred from the site.
Commenting on Moneywise.co.uk
If you post comments on our site you are agreeing to adhere to these terms. These Terms and Conditions apply every time you post a comment on site.
Moneywise reserves the right to publish comments, questions and answers to those questions posted on moneywise.co.uk within Moneywise Magazine and in promotions around moneywise.co.uk and other group websites.
Please note the following conditions:
1. Under no circumstances is it acceptable for comments to make attempts to sell or promote products or services to our site users. Those who infringe the privileges of community membership will be barred from the site.
2. Your user name and password must only be used by you, keep them safe. If a posting is made using your name and password it will be considered to have been posted by you.
3. You agree that you will not post any comment that is either:
Unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libellous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another's privacy, sexually explicit, pornographic or otherwise breaches our the General Site Terms and Privacy Policies
4. Comments made on Moneywise.co.uk represent views of the individual posting the comment, they do not represent the views or opinions of Moneywise Publishing or its employees. Moneywise makes no guarantee about the reliability of these comments. Users should seek advice before acting on information they may obtain from these postings.
5. You will not retaliate to offensive posts. This causes problems for others. You must report each message to us using the “report as spam” function , which is available on every discussion thread. Alternatively email email@example.com. We will investigate every report we receive and remove it if we feel it is in breach of our terms and conditions.
6. You will not Infringe on any patent, trademark, copyright, right of publicity, or other intellectual property right of any party. Impersonate any person or entity. Including any of our employees or representatives
7. You agree that you will not post information that you know to be confidential or sensitive or otherwise in breach of the law. You should only post material that you know to be public knowledge. If you have any doubts do not post it on the site.
Unless we are notified via our reporting procedures in point 5 of a message that is not in keeping with these terms and conditions we cannot remove it. We do not monitor the discussion boards nor do we exercise any form of editorial control or censorship of any messages on the discussion boards.
Moneywise is committed to protecting the personal information you provide to us, which is stored on our secure servers. We will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that the information that you disclose to us is kept secure. There is, however a risk involved in providing information on line and we will not be held responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence.
If you have any queries about this policy or our use of your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing at: