Tesco has launched a half-price sale on toys, including big name brands such as Lego and Fisher-Price.
What’s the deal exactly?
Tesco is slashing the prices of hundreds bestselling of toys just in time for Christmas.
There is a great range of toys for all ages with big name brands such as Lego, Disney, Paw Patrol, Fisher-Price and Play-Doh.
In total, prices have been cut on around 100 toys and with many of them likely to be on Christmas wish lists it’s a great opportunity to beat the festive season rush.
One of the most popular toys in the sale is likely to be the Lego three-in-one “super pack”, down from £40 to £20. The set includes Classic Bricks On A Roll, a City Monster Truck and a City Speed Record Car.
Other bargains include the Disney Princess Mini Doll Six Pack, down from £25 to £12.50, while the price of the Silverlit Stunt Drone has been cut to £50 from £25.
Play-Doh’s giant “Create n Canister” - which includes 20 separate cans – has also seen its price slashed from £35 to £17.50.
Why should I care?
Christmas can be an expensive time of year, and especially tough when people are already feeling the financial squeeze.
So with so many toys at half-price it’s a great way of saving money if you were going to buy them anyway at full price.
The festive season is also extremely busy, so if you get in now you’ll avoid the last-minute rush and miss the queues.
Top toy picks
- Barbie Convertible Car and Doll - Was: £30.00 Now: £15.00
- Giant Care Bear 2 True Heart (pink) - Was: £25.00 Now: £12.50
- Hot Wheels Race Way with 5 pack - Was: £35.00 Now: £17.50
- Lego Classic Value Pack - Was: £40.00 Now: £20.00
- Lego Unikitty Bucket - Was: £40.00 Now: £20.00
- My Little Pony Mega Collection pack - Was: £60.00 Now: £30.00
- Nerf Sryfe – Was: £45.00 Now: £22.50
- Paw Patrol Pirate 2 Pk Vehicle – Was: £28.00 Now: £14.00
- Paw Patrol Pirate Airship - Was: £45.00 Now: £22.50
- Peppa Pig Cash Register with Trolley - Was: £30.00 Now: £15.00
- Playdoh Canister – Was: £35.00 Now: £17.50
- Sit To Stand Music Centre - Was: £40.00 Now: £20.00
- Very Hungry Caterpillar Activity Toy – Was: £25.00 Now: £12.50
What’s the catch?
The deal lasts until the end of October, so make sure you get in quick.
Most of toys on offer are only available in-store and not online, so you’ll have to go shopping the old-fashioned way.
What are my other options?
Argos is offering some great discounts many big name brands at lower than half price in its clearance sale.
B&M has also cut prices on hundreds of toys with names such as Lego and Fisher-Price available for £16. The sale ends on 7 October, so you’ll have to hurry if you want to bag yourself a bargain.
Where can I find out more?
The toy sale will take place in all Tesco Extra stores and selected products will be available on the www.tesco.com site.