Holidaymakers looking to grab a bargain should check out British Airways’ new flight sale.
What is the deal exactly?
British Airways is offering big discounts on flights and holidays from Heathrow, Gatwick and London to destinations all over the world.
City break destinations include Naples, Barcelona and Venice for less than £100, while those looking to escape to the beach can do so from £199 per person.
There’s also some great long-haul holiday offers, including three nights in New York from £399 per person and seven nights in the Seychelles from £979, all including accommodation.
Flight-only options feature heavily in the sale, with return fares starting from £317 to New York, £369 to Austin, £319 to Cancun and £399 to Singapore.
Why should I care?
If you’re planning to go away, it’s always good to book in advance as prices tend to increase as the departure date gets closer.
The higher oil price is likely to cause air fares to go up, as airlines typically pass this cost on to passengers.
So, booking early for next year means you could save money in the long run.
Customers can secure a holiday online for as little as £150 via a deposit, with the final balance due at least 10 weeks before departure. For those booking flights only, there is the option to hold a flight from £5 per person.
- New York from £317 return
- Miami from £307 return
- Antigua from £425 return
- Bangkok from £478 return
- Shanghai from £408 return
- Venice from £98 - stay at the four-star Ambasciatori hotel for two nights
- Barcelona from £99 - stay at the four-star Atenea Valles hotel for two nights
- Naples from £99 - stay at the four-star Grand Hotel Capodimonte for two nights
- Malta from £101 - stay at the three-star Porto Azzurro Aparthotel for three nights
- Amsterdam from £108 - stay at the four-star Xo Hotels Blue Square for two nights
- Barbados holidays from £540
- Mauritius holidays from £799
- Cape Town holidays from £749
- Rio de Janeiro holidays from £679
- Hong Kong holidays from £539
What’s the catch?
Popular routes may have limited availability, while some deals are only available on specific travel dates. The sale ends at midnight on 25 September.
Selected routes may also require a minimum stay, while some fares may be subject to booking restrictions.
What are my other options?
Other companies are offering discounted flights and holidays in September if you are looking to get away soon.
For example, Thomas Cook is offering a £100 reduction for some long-haul holiday departures from November to December, as well as £50 off winter holidays.
Latminute.com also has some excellent offers on city breaks and flights.
Just because and airline has deals available does not necessarily mean they are the cheapest on the market, so make sure you use tools such as Skyscanner or Kayak to check the cheapest flights.
Where can I find out more?
Customers can book online at the British Airways website. For flight-only options call 0844 493 0775. For holiday packages call 0844 493 0758.