Regular Nectar point collectors can benefit from turbocharged offers from certain retailers this summer.
What’s the deal exactly?
Between 14 June and 11 July you can earn much higher numbers of Nectar points at a myriad of retailers:
- Sainsburys will give 10 times the usual points on selected Holiday Shop and Taste of Sumer products. Just load the offer onto your Nectar card before shopping and swipe as usual when checking out.
- Argos are offering two points for every £1 spent in the same period.
- Shopping on Ebay on Fridays throughout July will give customers added bonus points.
- Between 14 June and 3 July Tu clothing will be giving away five times the usual Nectar points.
- Shopping via the Nectar online platform will offer double rewards on certain brands including Topshop, House of Fraser, Nike and JD. ASOS will be offering triple points between 14 and 20 June and 28 June to 4 July.
- Expedia are offering triple the usual number of points when customers buy flights and hotel bookings.
- Great Western Railway, South Western Railway and TransPennine Express are offering seven times the usual number of points on advance online bookings.
- Europcar are offering five times the usual points on any UK car rentals.
- Halfords are offering double points online.
Why should I care?
Nectar points are a good bonus for shopping with certain retailers, but the value of points is less than it used to be. Such an array of bonus points, particularly if you’re looking for big ticket items such as flights can offer a huge boost to your points balance.
What’s the catch?
Nectar points can only be collected and redeemed at certain retailers. The scheme operates like cashback but restricting the choice of locations where you can cash in your spending dividend.
What are the other options?
In a previous deal of the week Tesco offered a 25% bonus on Clubcard points if you spent through the Tesco Pay+ app. This deal is valid until the end of 2018. Unfortunately Tesco recently slashed the value of Clubcard points, making the redemption of valuable vouchers with participating retailers more difficult.
Where can I find out more?
Check out the full list of participating retailers and detailed Ts&Cs on the Nectar website.