Get £45 worth of vouchers to spend in Marks and Spencer when you sign up for an M&S Bank Reward Plus Credit Card.
What’s the deal exactly?
New customers taking out an M&S Bank Reward Plus Credit Card – which has no monthly account fee - can receive rewards worth £45 to spend in Marks and Spencer thanks to a series of offers and sign-up bonuses:
- Take out the card and make a purchase before 31 March 2018 and you’ll be emailed a £20 M&S voucher. Please note, this element of the deal was withdrawn on 31 January 2018.
- Used the card within the first 90 days and you will also receive a joining bonus of 2,000 M&S points – worth a further £20.
- Finally, 500 M&S points – worth £5 – will be credited to your points account when you spend on food, clothing or home at M&S. There’s no time limit on making this purchase.
This means a new customer opening an account and making a single purchase in M&S by 31 March ticks all these boxes and will earn £45 to spend at M&S.
Why should I care?
The M&S Bank Reward Plus Credit Card has been a Moneywise Best Buy for some time, so an extra bonus for signing up makes this a very attractive deal.
On top of these sign-up bonuses, users earn two points for every £1 spent in store during the first year, then one point for every £1 thereafter. Cardholders also earn one point per £5 spent elsewhere.
This card also offers 0% interest on purchases and balance transfers for six months. Balance transfers are subject to a 2.9% transfer fee, with a minimum fee of £5.
What’s the catch?
You must apply directly with M&S Bank, not through a price comparison website - and bear in mind that you will be credit checked on applying and that not all customers will get the card. Use an online credit card tool to check your likely eligibility before applying.
The various offers also only apply to new customers, not existing ones. M&S says it will take about 15 days from application to recieveing the card, so make sure you leave enough time before the offer ends.
The £20 M&S voucher when you spend before 31 March will be emailed to customers by 30 April 2018 and is valid until 31 May 2018.
The two points offers, worth a total of 2,500 points, can be redeemed when you receive your first quarterly statement.
What other options do I have?
If you want to be rewarded for your loyalty to one particular shop, there are a range of rewards credit cards on the market.
Big players such as Amazon, Asda, Debenhams, John Lewis, and Tesco all offer good reward schemes. Read the Moneywise guide to find the card that’s right for you.
Where can I find out more?
To apply for the card and find out more information visit the M&S Bank website.
Hi Michael, yes it appears M&S Bank has ended this element of the deal early. I have marked this offer as expired and updated the article to reflect this.
Hi Gavin, here are the terms as per the M&S Bank website:
- - When you spend or complete a balance transfer on your card by 31 March 2018 we’ll send you a £20 M&S voucher. Your voucher will be sent to you by 30 April 2018 and it is valid until 31 May 2018.
- - You’ll also receive a joining bonus of 2,000 M&S points worth £20 if you use your card within the first 90 days. This will be sent to you as a voucher with your quarterly rewards statement.
- - A bonus points voucher for 500 M&S points worth £5, when you spend on food, clothing or home at M&S, will be sent to you with your new credit card.
If you have met all the criteria and haven't recieved the correct rewards by the dates set out above I would suggest contacting M&S Bank directly as you should recieve total vouchers worth £45.