Black Friday is here, so Moneywise has rounded-up the best bargains and deals.
What’s the deal?
This deal doesn’t need much introduction. Since arriving in the UK, Black Friday has quickly become one of the most popular shopping days of the year.
Retailers across the country have slashed prices, both in their physical shops and online.
Moneywise has picked out some top offers that are worth a look:
- Amazon – Oral-B Smart Series 6500 CrossAction Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush, reduced from £229.99 to £92.60 – a saving of £137.39 (60%).
- AO – Toshiba 65" 4K Ultra HD TV, reduced from £1,199 to £799 – a saving of £400 (30%).
- Argos – Dyson V6 Animal Extra Cordless Handstick Vacuum Cleaner, reduced from £389.99 to £199.99 - a saving of £190 (49%).
- Boots – better than half price on No7 cosmetics gift sets.
- Currys – Kitchen Aid Artisan Stand Mixer, reduced from £549.99 to £279.00, a saving of £270.99 (49%).
- Maplin – Google Chromecast, reduced from £30 to £19 – a saving of £11 (37%).
- Raleigh - 50% off its Black Friday range of bikes and accessories.
- Smyths Toys – FIFA 18 on PlayStation 4, reduced from £49.99 to £34.99 - a saving of £15 (30%).
- Superdrug – Diesel Only the Brave 200ml eau de toilette for men, reduced from £84 to £42, a saving of £42 (50%).
- Toys R Us – Star Wars Luke Skywalker 12V Landspeeder, reduced from £499.99 to £299.96, a saving of £200.03 (40%).
Remember these are just 10 of the best offers we’ve picked out. Most major retailers are running a Black Friday event of some kind, so shop around if none of these choices are up your street.
It is also worth noting that John Lewis will price match any competitor’s promotions in store and online while TopCashback is offering extra cashback rewards to shoppers today.
Why should I care?
Black Friday is now one of the key retail events of the year and credit card provider MBNA says that Brits will spend about £5.5 billion over the 2017 Black Friday weekend.
Many retailers started their sales earlier than this, such as Amazon, and the total sales between Tuesday 21 November and Monday 27 November is expected to reach £8.9 billion.
What are my other options?
While it is always good to grab a bargain, on Black Friday many people find themselves taken in by the hype and spending more than they want to. Ensure you use a comparison website to price check deals before buying to ensure you really are getting a deal.
Consumers are also bombarded with advertisements and constantly encouraged to spend at this time of year. So, ultimately, if you’re struggling with debt and unable to cope, don’t panic buy and do seek support.
Where can I find out more?
Ready Moneywise’s guide to Black Friday and Cyber Monday to find out how to get the best deals.