Make sure you're up to date with all the latest news, tips and guides by checking our 10 most popular stories on Moneywise.co.uk in April 2017.
- Santander relaunches 5% saver, but you’ll need a 123 account to get it - Santander has launched a new regular saver paying 5% interest, but only to those who hold a 123 account with the bank.
- Tesco Bank reopens 3% interest current account but tightens eligibility criteria - Tesco Bank has reopened applications for its 3% interest current account, although new customers face restrictions if they want to earn the headline rate.
- Regulator to investigate interest-only mortgage market - The interest-only mortgage market is to come under the spotlight once again as the regulator investigates whether lenders are acing in the best interests of consumers.
- Ford enters savings market: how it compares - Car manufacturer Ford has launched into the UK savings market for the first time, offer a range of savings accounts and Cash Isas.
- Easy ways for over 50s to earn extra cash - Research shows that almost one in five over 50s earns extra income outside work. We take a look at some of the more unusual ways to make money in later life.
- NS&I launches market-leading 2.2% savings bond - Savers can now take advantage of NS&I’s three-year bond paying 2.2% interest, although critics have described its launch as a “token gesture”.
- Over 55 and made a pension withdrawal? Check if you can reclaim the emergency tax paid - Two years after the introduction of the pension freedoms, tens of thousands of over 55s have failed to reclaim overpaid tax on their withdrawals, according to online pension provider AJ Bell.
- New inheritance tax allowance: five things you didn't know - The residence nil rate band (RNRB), which comes into force over the next three tax years from 6 April, in a nutshell will enable couples with a home to pass on up to £1 million to their direct family free of inheritance tax.
- NS&I cuts interest rates and Premium Bond prizes - where should you move your cash? - National Savings & Investments (NS&I) Premium Bond and savings accounts holders will see their returns slashed from Monday 1 May, so what options are there for hard-pressed savers?
- Atom Bank unveils 'exceptional' five-year mortgage fixed at 1.29% - Atom Bank has refreshed its mortgage range and now offers some of the cheapest products on the market, with rates starting at 1.29% for a five-year fix.