Make sure you're up to date with all the latest news, tips and guides by checking our 10 most popular stories on Moneywise.co.uk in July 2016.
1. New plastic £5 note to launch
A new £5 note featuring former Prime Minister Sir Winston Churchill will soon become the first Bank of England note to be printed on polymer – a thin flexible plastic.
2. EE users to get free BT Sport - but only for six months
EE mobile and tablet users will be able to get free BT Sports for six months from 27 July - in time for the start of the new football season, the company has announced.
3. Halifax to ditch monthly £5 Clarity card reward
Halifax Clarity card customers will soon no longer be able to earn £5 a month in rewards, as the bank is scrapping the scheme following changes to so-called industry “interchange fees”.
4. Santander launches '123 Lite' bank account paying 3% cashback
Current account switchers have more choice over where to move their money following the launch of Santander’s new ‘123 Lite’ account.
5. Halifax raises the benchmark for 0% balance transfer deals - no interest or fees for two years
Borrowers looking to shift their credit card debt can now pay no interest or fees for two years if they sign up for the new Balance Transfer card from Halifax, subject to their credit status.
6. How the self-employed may miss out on the state pension
A planned shake-up of national insurance contributions could leave some unable to afford to build entitlement to state pension.
7. Don't get stung by Pokemon Go: how to turn off in-app purchases
The latest Pokemon game has arrived in the UK this month, and ‘Pokemon Go’ is comfortably the biggest to date.
8. Moneywise's First 50 Funds for beginners
When you start investing, choosing from thousands of funds can seem very daunting. To make your choice easier, Moneywise editor Moira O’Neill has picked her 50 favourite funds for beginners. Whether you’re looking for passive or active funds, she has options to suit you.
9. Get paid £220 in M&S vouchers to switch bank
M&S Bank has brought back its leading introductory offer, in an attempt to lure new current account customers with up to £220 in M&S Vouchers.
10. 10 free apps for novice investors
Use internet technology on the go to explore the stock market, follow trading news or practise ‘virtual’ trading without risking your own cash.