Welcome to our five-part series on Investment Isas, where we deal with everything from what they are to how you can use one to best meet your needs.
- 10 things you need to know about Isas - Here’s everything you need to know about Individual Savings Accounts (Isas), and why they can be the best home for your savings.
- Is now the perfect time to consider stocks and shares instead of savings? - Is your cash Isa earning next to nothing in interest? Then consider transferring it to an investment Isa for higher income and the potential for growth.
- How stocks and shares Isas can be used to grow your money at every life stage - Over the course of your lifetime you will save for a wide variety of things from weddings to houses to your retirement. It can seem like you need different savings vehicles for each of your goals, but in actual fact a stocks and shares Isa could fit the bill for everything.
- Use an Isa to boost your retirement fund - The tax advantages of pensions make them a hugely attractive savings vehicle, but the chink in their armour is accessibility. Your pension savings are locked away until your 55th birthday. They don’t allow for people wanting to draw an income or capital earlier than this age.
- A first timer’s guide to investments - Many people are looking to stocks and shares individual savings accounts (Isas) to get the most out of their yearly tax-free allowance.