Fact sheet: OMW Jupiter Intnl Fins

Fund information
Fund name
OMW Jupiter International Financials Pn
Fund manager company
Old Mutual Wlth Life As Co Ltd
Fund type
Pension Fund
Fund managers
  • Guy de Blonaysince 01/01/2015
Underlying fund
Jupiter Int Financials
Fund objective
The OMW Jupiter International Financials Fund invests solely in the Jupiter International Financials fund, a UK authorised Unit Trust, managed by Jupiter Unit Trust Managers Limited. The underlying fund is to achieve long term capital growth principally through investment in equities and equity related securities of financial sector companies on an international basis, but with the power to invest in other asset types when the Manager considers it appropriate for market conditions. In addition to the underlying annual management charge of 1.25% of the underlying fund's value, the fund manager charges a performance-related fee of 15% of the amount by which the underlying fund's performance exceeds that of the FTSE All World Financials Index (the hurdle). The fee is calculated daily and deducted once a year at the end of October. For full details of the performance-related fee, see the fund manager's prospectus at www.jupiteronline.co.uk. The table below illustrates the performance-related fee for three different examples of fund performance. Note that these are examples only and not forecasts or guarantees. Outperformance of the fund compared with index -0.50%, Performance-related fee (15% of outperformance) Nil, Standard Annual Management Charge (AMC) 1.25%, Total annualised fund charge 1.25%. Outperformance of the fund compared with index 1.50%, Performance-related fee (15% of outperformance) 0.23%, Standard Annual Management Charge (AMC) 1.25%, Total annualised fund charge 1.48%. Outperformance of the fund compared with index 3.00%, Performance-related fee (15% of outperformance) 0.45%, Standard Annual Management Charge (AMC) 1.25%, Total annualised fund charge 1.70%. The above figures do not include the effect of any expenses which are charged to the fund or OMW product charges which are reflected in the pricing of OMW funds. The underlying fund invests into a relatively small number of assets, or into individual countries or a specific market sector. Such concentrated portfolios give rise to more risk than where investments are spread across a larger number of assets, countries or market sectors. The underlying fund may be denominated in or hold assets in a currency other than Sterling. The performance of the fund may therefore rise and fall as a result of exchange rate fluctuations. The underlying fund invests in bonds or money market instruments (including deposits with banks or other financial institutions). The yield and/or value of the fund will fluctuate as interest rates change. There is a possibility of default, reducing capital values. The underlying fund, or some of its underlying assets, may hold derivatives, or borrow to invest ('gearing'), and the nature of these investments can lead to a higher volatility in the price of the fund. In addition, the fund may have some exposure to credit risk if a provider of derivatives fails to honour their obligation. It should be noted that the performance of the OMW fund will not match that of the underlying investment due to OMW fund charges, appropriate taxation adjustments and the OMW investment process. sell at times, which could affect the price of units.
Benchmark
  • MSCI ACWI Financials Index
Investment style
No data available.
Investment method
No data available.
Quick stats
1 Year return
35%
1 Year rank in sector
47/520
Sector
PN Specialist
Yield
-
Fund size
£0m (£0m last year)
FE Risk score
?FE Risk Scores measure the riskiness of instruments relative to the FTSE 100 index of shares. Weekly volatility is measured over three years with recent behaviour counting more heavily than earlier behaviour. Cash-type investments will have scores close to zero. Funds will tend to have scores in the 0-150 range. The FTSE 100 is always scored at 100. There is no upper limit.
111
Bid price
164.2
Offer price
172.8
Top in this sector
Fund name1 Year
OMW Neptune Rus + Grtr Rus76.2%
ReAssure AL NptRu&GtrRus Pn75%
L&G Nep Russia&Gtr Russia Pn74%
SIP Sanlam Gbl Fin Pn69.8%
OMW InvescoPerpetualEmgEurpn62%
...more in PN Specialist

Performance snapshot

Holdings snapshot

  • North America46.4%
    Europe ex UK36.5%
    UK17.6%
    Asia Pacific ex Japan13.3%
    European Emerging Markets5%
  • Banks58.5%
    Financial Services24.5%
    Support Services10.3%
    Insurance10.2%
    Software4.6%
  • North American Equities46.4%
    Europe ex UK Equities36.5%
    UK Equities17.6%
    Asia Pacific ex Japan Equities13.3%
    European Emerging Equities5%

Performance vs Sector

Cumulative performance
 1 mth3 mth6 mth1 yr3 yr5 yr
Fund3.9%7.8%11.8%35%35.9%86.4%
Sector1.8%4.3%4%16.2%23.9%41.7%
Rank within sector51 / 55153 / 54633 / 54147 / 520107 / 38647 / 323
Quartile1st1st1st1st2nd1st
Calendar performance
 YTD - 20172016201520142013
Fund5.7%13.3%6.7%4.1%27.1%
Sector2.1%11.6%2%7.2%11%
Rank within sector43 / 547193 / 51167 / 447276 / 38426 / 357
Quartile1st2nd1st3rd1st
Risk statistics
Alpha
?Alpha is a measure of a fund's over- or under-performance by comparison to its benchmark. If the Alpha is 5, the fund has outperformed its benchmark by 5%; so the greater the Alpha, the greater the outperformance.
-2.12
Beta
?Beta estimates a fund's volatility by comparison to that of its benchmark. A fund with a beta close to 1 means that the fund will move generally in line with the benchmark. Higher than 1 and the fund is more volatile than the benchmark and vice versa.
1.76
Sharpe
?This commonly-used measure calculates the level of return over and above the return of a notional risk-free investment, such as cash. The difference in returns is then divided by the fund's volatility. The resulting ratio is an indication of the amount of excess return generated per unit of risk.
0.55
Volatility
?Volatility (or standard deviation), when applied to an investment fund, expresses its risk. It shows how widely a range of returns varied from the fund's average return over a particular period. For example, if a fund had an average return of 5%, and its volatility was 15, this would mean that the range of its returns over the period had swung between +20% and -10%.
12.46
Tracking error
?This measures the standard deviation of a fund's excess returns over the returns of an index or benchmark portfolio. As such, it can be an indication of 'riskiness' in the manager's investment style. A Tracking Error below 2 suggests a passive approach. At 3 and above the the manager will be deploying a more active investment style.
8.09
Information ratio
?This is a useful risk-adjusted measure of actively managed fund performance. It is calculated by deducting the returns of the fund's benchmark from the fund's overall returns, then dividing the result by its tracking error. The higher the Information Ratio the better. It is generally considered that a figure of 0.5 reflects a good performance, 0.75 very good, and 1.00 outstanding.
0.34
R-Squared
?An indication of how closely correlated a fund is to an index or a benchmark. Values for R-Squared range between 0 and 1, with 0 indicating no correlation at all and 1 showing a perfect match. Values upwards of 0.7 suggest that the fund's behaviour is increasingly linked to its benchmark.
0.71
Price movement
52 week high164.6
52 week low121.6
Current bid price164.2
Current offer price172.8
Current mid price-
Region
1North America46.43%
2Europe ex UK36.55%
3UK17.63%
4Asia Pacific ex Japan13.32%
5European Emerging Markets4.98%
6Japan2.79%
7Latin America1.91%
8Middle East1.23%
9Money Market-24.84%
Industry sector
1Banks58.53%
2Financial Services24.54%
3Support Services10.32%
4Insurance10.24%
5Software4.63%
6Life Insurance4.56%
7Property Shares4.34%
8Equities2.54%
9Real Estate2.12%
Asset type
1North American Equities46.43%
2Europe ex UK Equities36.55%
3UK Equities17.63%
4Asia Pacific ex Japan Equities13.32%
5European Emerging Equities4.98%
6Japanese Equities2.79%
7American Emerging Equities1.91%
8Middle East & African Equities1.23%
9Money Market-24.84%
Individual holdings
1DANSKE BANK A/S3.8%
2ING GROEP N.V.3.45%
3MORGAN STANLEY3.43%
4BANK OF AMERICA CORP2.97%
5JPMORGAN CHASE & CO2.87%
6INTERMEDIATE CAPITAL GROUP2.84%
7BANQUE CANTONALE VAUDOISE2.82%
8VZ HOLDINGS2.77%
9NATIXIS BANQUES POPULAIRES2.59%
Management
Fund manager group
Skandia
Fund manager company
Old Mutual Wlth Life As Co Ltd
Fund type
Pension Fund
Fund objective
The OMW Jupiter International Financials Fund invests solely in the Jupiter International Financials fund, a UK authorised Unit Trust, managed by Jupiter Unit Trust Managers Limited. The underlying fund is to achieve long term capital growth principally through investment in equities and equity related securities of financial sector companies on an international basis, but with the power to invest in other asset types when the Manager considers it appropriate for market conditions. In addition to the underlying annual management charge of 1.25% of the underlying fund's value, the fund manager charges a performance-related fee of 15% of the amount by which the underlying fund's performance exceeds that of the FTSE All World Financials Index (the hurdle). The fee is calculated daily and deducted once a year at the end of October. For full details of the performance-related fee, see the fund manager's prospectus at www.jupiteronline.co.uk. The table below illustrates the performance-related fee for three different examples of fund performance. Note that these are examples only and not forecasts or guarantees. Outperformance of the fund compared with index -0.50%, Performance-related fee (15% of outperformance) Nil, Standard Annual Management Charge (AMC) 1.25%, Total annualised fund charge 1.25%. Outperformance of the fund compared with index 1.50%, Performance-related fee (15% of outperformance) 0.23%, Standard Annual Management Charge (AMC) 1.25%, Total annualised fund charge 1.48%. Outperformance of the fund compared with index 3.00%, Performance-related fee (15% of outperformance) 0.45%, Standard Annual Management Charge (AMC) 1.25%, Total annualised fund charge 1.70%. The above figures do not include the effect of any expenses which are charged to the fund or OMW product charges which are reflected in the pricing of OMW funds. The underlying fund invests into a relatively small number of assets, or into individual countries or a specific market sector. Such concentrated portfolios give rise to more risk than where investments are spread across a larger number of assets, countries or market sectors. The underlying fund may be denominated in or hold assets in a currency other than Sterling. The performance of the fund may therefore rise and fall as a result of exchange rate fluctuations. The underlying fund invests in bonds or money market instruments (including deposits with banks or other financial institutions). The yield and/or value of the fund will fluctuate as interest rates change. There is a possibility of default, reducing capital values. The underlying fund, or some of its underlying assets, may hold derivatives, or borrow to invest ('gearing'), and the nature of these investments can lead to a higher volatility in the price of the fund. In addition, the fund may have some exposure to credit risk if a provider of derivatives fails to honour their obligation. It should be noted that the performance of the OMW fund will not match that of the underlying investment due to OMW fund charges, appropriate taxation adjustments and the OMW investment process. sell at times, which could affect the price of units.
Benchmark
  • MSCI ACWI Financials Index
Investment style
No data available.
Investment method
No data available.
Fund managers
NameSinceBiography
Guy de Blonay01/01/2015Guy joined Jupiter in 1995 and is currently a fund manager in the Global equities team. Guy is the lead manager of the Jupiter Financial Opportunities Fund and the Jupiter International Financials Fund (Unit Trusts) as well as the Jupiter Global Financials fund (SICAV). In 2001, Guy joined New Star (which was subsequently taken over by Henderson) where he managed global financial equities. He returned to Jupiter in January 2010, initially in an advisory capacity, before again assuming fund management responsibilities in June 2010.
Compliance
No data available.
Domicile
No data available.
Fund for sale in
United Kingdom
OMW Jupiter International Financials Pn
Initial charge-
Annual charge-
Min single investment£0
Min regular saving£0
Available in ISANo
Ongoing charge (OCF)-
Total expense ratio (TER)1.3%
Bid price164.2
Offer price172.8
Mid price-
CurrencyGBX
Price updated23/02/2017
TypeAccumulation
Institutional or retail classRetail
Domicile-
Citi codeHWV2
OMW Jupiter International Financials SP
Initial charge-
Annual charge-
Min single investment£0
Min regular saving£0
Available in ISANo
Ongoing charge (OCF)-
Total expense ratio (TER)1.3%
Bid price-
Offer price-
Mid price182.5
CurrencyGBX
Price updated23/02/2017
TypeAccumulation
Institutional or retail classRetail
Domicile-
Citi codeHWV3
Data provided by

The Content is only for your general information and use and is not intended to address your particular requirements. The Content does not constitute any form of advice, recommendation or arrangement by Moneywise and is not intended to be relied upon by you in making (or refraining from making) any specific investment or other decisions. Appropriate independent advice should be obtained before making any such decision.

This information is sourced from our partner Financial Express. We believe the data to be correct however you should take care in using any information.

You should be aware that prices may fall as well as rise and that the income derived can go down as well as up. When buying or selling any investment that fluctuates in price or value you may get back less than you invested. Past performance is not necessarily a guide to future performance.