Fact sheet: Aegon OldMtlCorBdPn

Fund information
Fund name
Aegon Old Mutual Corporate Bond Pn AOR
Fund manager company
Aegon/Scottish Equitable plc
Fund type
Pension Fund
Fund managers
  • Christine Johnsonsince 05/04/2011
  • Lloyd Harrissince 30/04/2015
Underlying fund
Old Mutual Corporate Bond
Fund objective
The fund aims to maximise total return through investment in a diversified portfolio of fixed interest and other debt securities. The fund typically invests at least 80% in sterling denominated (or hedged back to sterling) corporate bonds that are investment grade (bonds rated BBB- and above). The remaining 20% may be invested in lower rated bonds, which may offer a higher income but at greater risk to capital value.
Benchmark
  • Markit iBoxx GBP Non-Gilts
Investment style
No data available.
Investment method
No data available.
Quick stats
1 Year return
7.5%
1 Year rank in sector
56/259
Sector
PN Sterling Corporate Bond
Yield
-
Fund size
£0m (£0m last year)
FE Risk score
?FE Risk Scores measure the riskiness of instruments relative to the FTSE 100 index of shares. Weekly volatility is measured over three years with recent behaviour counting more heavily than earlier behaviour. Cash-type investments will have scores close to zero. Funds will tend to have scores in the 0-150 range. The FTSE 100 is always scored at 100. There is no upper limit.
39
Bid price
109.9261
Offer price
109.9261
Top in this sector
Fund name1 Year
AEGON Long Core Plus Pn13.4%
MetLife Fid Corp Bd 20yr Pn12.3%
L&G PMC AAAAAA CpBd Ov15Y Id Pn11.3%
OMW IPL L&G AAA CrpBdOv15YIx Pn11.3%
FL TEActv Bln Bd IE11.1%
...more in PN Sterling Corporate Bond

Performance snapshot

Holdings snapshot

  • UK54.5%
    USA17.3%
    Netherlands5.9%
    France4.4%
    Germany2.8%
  • Investment Grade Corporate Bonds94.7%
    Fixed Interest2.1%
    Money Market1.7%
    High Yield Bond1.5%
  • Global Fixed Interest37.5%
    European Fixed Interest19.9%
    UK Corporate Fixed Interest15.9%
    North American Fixed Interest12.8%
    Others5.2%

Performance vs Sector

Cumulative performance
 1 mth3 mth6 mth1 yr3 yr5 yr
Fund-0.9%-4.9%4.4%7.5%--
Sector-1.4%-5.1%3.2%6.5%18.1%39.4%
Rank within sector43 / 264115 / 26429 / 26456 / 259--
Quartile1st2nd1st1st
Calendar performance
 YTD - 20162015201420132012
Fund8.3%-2%---
Sector7.4%0.2%10.5%1%13.5%
Rank within sector70 / 259236 / 245---
Quartile2nd4th
Risk statistics
Alpha
?Alpha is a measure of a fund's over- or under-performance by comparison to its benchmark. If the Alpha is 5, the fund has outperformed its benchmark by 5%; so the greater the Alpha, the greater the outperformance.
-
Beta
?Beta estimates a fund's volatility by comparison to that of its benchmark. A fund with a beta close to 1 means that the fund will move generally in line with the benchmark. Higher than 1 and the fund is more volatile than the benchmark and vice versa.
-
Sharpe
?This commonly-used measure calculates the level of return over and above the return of a notional risk-free investment, such as cash. The difference in returns is then divided by the fund's volatility. The resulting ratio is an indication of the amount of excess return generated per unit of risk.
-
Volatility
?Volatility (or standard deviation), when applied to an investment fund, expresses its risk. It shows how widely a range of returns varied from the fund's average return over a particular period. For example, if a fund had an average return of 5%, and its volatility was 15, this would mean that the range of its returns over the period had swung between +20% and -10%.
-
Tracking error
?This measures the standard deviation of a fund's excess returns over the returns of an index or benchmark portfolio. As such, it can be an indication of 'riskiness' in the manager's investment style. A Tracking Error below 2 suggests a passive approach. At 3 and above the the manager will be deploying a more active investment style.
-
Information ratio
?This is a useful risk-adjusted measure of actively managed fund performance. It is calculated by deducting the returns of the fund's benchmark from the fund's overall returns, then dividing the result by its tracking error. The higher the Information Ratio the better. It is generally considered that a figure of 0.5 reflects a good performance, 0.75 very good, and 1.00 outstanding.
-
R-Squared
?An indication of how closely correlated a fund is to an index or a benchmark. Values for R-Squared range between 0 and 1, with 0 indicating no correlation at all and 1 showing a perfect match. Values upwards of 0.7 suggest that the fund's behaviour is increasingly linked to its benchmark.
-
Price movement
52 week high116.55
52 week low99.62
Current bid price109.93
Current offer price109.93
Current mid price-
Region
1UK54.54%
2USA17.28%
3Netherlands5.87%
4France4.35%
5Germany2.83%
6EU2.68%
7Others2.31%
8Australia2.1%
9Money Market1.7%
Industry sector
1Investment Grade Corporate Bonds94.7%
2Fixed Interest2.1%
3Money Market1.7%
4High Yield Bond1.5%
Asset type
1Global Fixed Interest37.51%
2European Fixed Interest19.94%
3UK Corporate Fixed Interest15.92%
4North American Fixed Interest12.8%
5Others5.23%
6Global Emerging Market Fixed Interest2.95%
7Asia Pacific ex Japan Fixed Interest2.13%
8UK Gilts1.23%
9Japanese Fixed Interest0.97%
Individual holdings
1EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK 3.875% BDS 08/06/37 GBP10001.6%
2COMPASS GROUP 3.85% NTS 26/06/26 GBP1000001.3%
3TRANSPORT FOR LONDON 2.125% NTS 24/04/25 GBP1000001.3%
4EXPERIAN FINANCE PLC 3.5% BDS 15/10/21 GBP1000001.2%
5IMPERIAL TOBACCO FIN. PLC 4.875%1.2%
6J.P.MORGAN CHASE AND CO 2% 20221.2%
7NATIONAL GRID GAS FINANCE PLC 2.625% INST 22/09/38 GBP1000001.2%
8UK TREASURY STRIP 4.5% TREASURY STRIP 07/9/34 PRINCIPAL1.2%
9VERIZON COMMUNICATIONS INC 3.125% BDS 02/11/35 GBP1000001.2%
Management
Fund manager group
Scottish Equitable
Fund manager company
Aegon/Scottish Equitable plc
Fund type
Pension Fund
Fund objective
The fund aims to maximise total return through investment in a diversified portfolio of fixed interest and other debt securities. The fund typically invests at least 80% in sterling denominated (or hedged back to sterling) corporate bonds that are investment grade (bonds rated BBB- and above). The remaining 20% may be invested in lower rated bonds, which may offer a higher income but at greater risk to capital value.
Benchmark
  • Markit iBoxx GBP Non-Gilts
Investment style
No data available.
Investment method
No data available.
Fund managers
NameSinceBiography
Christine Johnson05/04/2011Christine Johnson is Head of Fixed Income at OMGI. Christine joined Old Mutual in September 2010 from Halbis Capital Management (formerly HSBC Asset Management), where she was a senior fixed income fund manager, initially focusing on sterling credit before also managing global portfolios. She moved to Halbis from Investec Asset Management, which she joined as a high yield credit analyst, becoming a high yield fixed income fund manager a year later. She began her asset management career as a credit analyst at Royal & Sun Alliance Investment Management, having previously been a relationship manager at NatWest Bank. Christine has a BA in Economics from Manchester University.
Lloyd Harris30/04/2015Lloyd Harris, Senior Credit Analyst, joined OMGI in January 2012 as a senior credit analyst focusing on the financial sector. He was previously at Cutwater Asset Management (2007- 2011), initially as an asset-backed CP/ MTN trader, then as a European financials credit analyst. Prior to this, he worked in structured capital markets at Deutsche Bank (2002-2007), after completing the firm’s graduate training program. Lloyd graduated from University of Bristol with a BA (Hons) in Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering (2001), and is a part-qualified management accountant.
Compliance
No data available.
Domicile
No data available.
Fund for sale in
United Kingdom
Aegon Old Mutual Corporate Bond Pn AOR
Initial charge-
Annual charge0.65%
Min single investment£0
Min regular saving£0
Available in ISANo
Ongoing charge (OCF)-
Total expense ratio (TER)0.65%
Bid price109.9261
Offer price109.9261
Mid price-
CurrencyGBX
Price updated01/12/2016
TypeAccumulation
Institutional or retail classRetail
Domicile-
Citi codeKLXN
Data provided by

The Content is only for your general information and use and is not intended to address your particular requirements. The Content does not constitute any form of advice, recommendation or arrangement by Moneywise and is not intended to be relied upon by you in making (or refraining from making) any specific investment or other decisions. Appropriate independent advice should be obtained before making any such decision.

This information is sourced from our partner Financial Express. We believe the data to be correct however you should take care in using any information.

You should be aware that prices may fall as well as rise and that the income derived can go down as well as up. When buying or selling any investment that fluctuates in price or value you may get back less than you invested. Past performance is not necessarily a guide to future performance.