10 best student discount deals
When you’re a student, it’s extra important to make your money work as hard as you can. Here, we’ve dug out ten of the best deals and offers so you can spend less money on socialising, and more money on course books.
1. Upmarket fast food chain Gourmet Burger Kitchen has launched a student card that gives holders a 40% discount on their meals from Monday to Thursday. It's available in certain GBK restaurants in university towns - check their Facebook fan page for details. Simply show a valid NUS card and start saving. Offer runs from 20 September 2010 to 30 June 2011.
2. Students can get a free portion at chicken restaurant Nando’s until 31 October 2010 with this printable voucher. The offer is valid from Monday to Thursday with a minimum spend of £3.50, and you must show your student card to get the offer.
3. Fancy a new outfit? High-street shop New Look is offering students 20% off each transaction in-store and online, just by showing your student card. Offer ends 11 October. Women’s fashion chain Oasis is also offering a 20% discount to students until the 10 October. Just show your student card at the till.
4. If you’re after a new laptop, Apple gives a 10% discount on computers and software to anybody over 18 and in higher education. Go to store.apple.com/uk for more details and to register. You can then order online or by phone.
5. Students in Oxford and Portsmouth can get delicious pizzas for just £4 at Italian restaurant chain Fire & Stone. Available on weekdays and Sundays in October. The vouchers are available to download here for Oxford and here for Portsmouth.
6. Kitting out the student flat needn’t be too expensive: BHS is offering students 15% off its homeware range just by typing ‘NUSEXTRA’ into the promotional code box at the checkout. Offer ends 31 October.
7. Italian chain Bella Italia offers a massive 25% off for students who show their young person’s railcard. Offer valid Sunday – Thursday throughout October.
8. Men’s clothing retailer Burton is currently offering students 20% off purchases bought online, rather than the usual 10% you can claim in-store. Just enter a valid NUS card number at the online checkout.
9. No night out would be complete without somebody in fancy dress, and online costume retailer fancydressoutfitters.co.uk is offering students 10% until the end of December. Just use promotional discount code ‘STUDENT’ at the online checkout.
10. Students get 5% off at Amazon with a discount code from NUS Extra. Log onto the NUS Extra site and follow the link through to Amazon to start saving.
Also known as discount codes, promotional vouchers or promotional codes, online coupons or discount vouchers, are codes that can be entered at the checkout of many online UK retailers that gives you a discount against the item/s you are purchasing. The codes are generated by retailers and sent to certain members of the public to encourage sales.
A property chain is a line of buyers and sellers (the “links”) who are all simultaneously involved in linked property transactions. When one transaction falls through – for instance, someone can’t get a mortgage or simply withdraws their property from sale, the entire chain breaks and all the transactions are held up or even fail entirely.